Buying access to screenings & events
Buying a festival pass gives you access to all films and events. When you’re logged in to Eventive and have a pass, you’ll see that all films are available to you free of charge at the advertised time - you will still need to 'unlock' each individual event at the scheduled time.
You can also buy a ticket to each film or event individually.
Where to watch
Films will screen on Eventive.
Q&As and live events are hosted on Zoom. You'll find the links to these within Eventive.
Recorded events are hosted on Vimeo. You'll find the links to these within Eventive.
How to Start Viewing (Eventive)
Visit the film page on Eventive. If you arrive at this page before the film is available to watch, the button will show as ‘Pre-order now for free’ if you already have a pass or individual ticket, or ‘Pre-order now’ if you’re still to buy a ticket or aren’t logged in.
Once the film or event becomes available at its scheduled start time, you can start the film within 24 hours of the scheduled time. Once you’ve started the film, you'll have 24 hours to finish watching.
Just like the physical festival, we ask you to vote on each feature film and short film. We’ll announce the audience favourite at the end of the festival.
Once the film has begun, you can click the Full Screen button within the player window to watch full screen and enjoy the show!
Testing your device (Eventive)
You can test your device using this free Eventive Device Check video. We strongly encourage you to do this before the start of the festival.
Watching Eventive films on your Smart TV
There are a number of ways in which you can view Eventive-screened films on your smart television. These either involve Smart TV apps or casting from a smartphone or tablet device. Here are some options:
Apple AirPlay from your laptop, desktop, smartphone or tablet
- From your Mac, iPhone or iPad, you can AirPlay to a compatible smart TV
- Make sure your devices (iPhone, iPad, laptop, Apple TV or Smart TV) are connected to the same WIFI network
- Start the film on your Mac, iPhone or iPad and then go to the AirPlay icon
- Connect to your Apple TV by entering the code. Your device will now appear as a mirror on your TV
Chromecast from your laptop, desktop, smartphone or tablet
Stream directly from Chrome internet browser to a TV connected to a Chromecast device from your Mac or PC computer. At this time, Chromecast is not available to cast from Apple iOS devices, like the iPhone and iPad. Once your Chromecast is set up you can stream directly from your computer.
- On the video page, open the Chrome menu in the upper right corner of the window (or the View menu) and select Cast. Make sure the tab you want to be displayed is the one you are selecting to cast.
- Select your Chromecast source (consider selecting Chrome tab) and your Chromecast destination. Chromecast will then be connected and video will be playing on your TV.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the blue Stop icon next to your casting destination.
- If there are any issues with the Chromecast stream, try setting the video to a lower quality.
Stream on Apple TV App
- Apple TV Generation 4 models or later support the Eventive TV app.
- From your Apple TV device, launch the App Store. Search for the app Eventive TV and install.
- Once the app is installed, it will ask you for a code to connect to your Eventive account. On your computer, navigate to watch.eventive.org/abertoir2021 and log in at the upper right-hand corner
- From the same menu in the upper right-hand corner, select TV app setup and enter the code from your Apple TV device
- IMPORTANT: You must first unlock films on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Apple TV
Stream on Roku App (Beta)
From your computer, tablet or smartphone, add the Eventive channel to your TV by going here: https://my.roku.com/add/6MHHHM2. The channel is not currently available in the Roku app store, you must add it by visiting the website.
- Click OK when the BETA version pop-up comes up
- Click Yes, add channel to add Eventive TV - BETA to your account
- Check your TV to see if the Eventive app has been added. Select the app with your TV remote to bring up the Abertoir 2021 programme on the app
- Once the app is installed, on your computer, tablet or smartphone, navigate to watch.eventive.org/abertoir2021 and log in at the upper right-hand corner
- IMPORTANT: You must first unlock films on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Roku
Start Viewing (Zoom Webinar)
Post-screening Q&As and guest Q&As will be held using Zoom Webinar. You can download Zoom ready here.
The scheduled start time for each Q&A is listed on the film page.
Q&As can be reached via Eventive where you’ll find a link to the relevant Zoom Webinar.